Saturday, July 24, 2010

Why are you here?

Seemed like a good idea at the time?



You could be anywhere in this picture - the great thing about the internet is you don't need to be local - so where here is can be open to debate. Of course, Descartes, having proved his own existence, had to proceed to prove that his audience existed. Then again, I've dwelt on him quite enough. For me, I've no idea if you're there or not, so if you are, welcome; if not, then you don't know what you're missing - of course then you'll never know if that's fortunate or not(?!) Just to follow the poetic theme, briefly - if you are here, I can't help thinking of Auden:

Some thirty inches from my nose
The frontier of my Person goes,
And all the untilled air between
Is private pagus or demesne.
Stranger, unless with bedroom eyes
I beckon you to fraternize,
Beware of rudely crossing it:
I have no gun, but I can spit.

See you in another post ...

No comments:

Post a Comment