Monday, August 2, 2010

Happy as ...



... or at least as close as I could find a suitable picture- it's amazing what gets blocked by the proxy servers here.

After a few days where I don't seems to have stopped working - no time for the important things like blogs, eating, sleeping, etc, we seem to be making some progress. The main issue is getting connectivity. If you're not familiar with Dubai, you should know that there are 2 telecommunications companies - Etisalat and Du. You can't really choose which gets your business - for the most part they are geographically based, so if you're in one area, you can only have Etisalat, in anothe - e.g. JLT - you can only have Du. When I first had dealing with both companies, about 18 months ago, it could take over 2 months just to get a quote - actually getting lines - phones, internet, etc - was something of a pipe dream. I placed orders with Du a couple of months ago, and was told to give them 2 working days notice when I was actually ready to have the lines connected. As you can imagine, trying to set up servers without internet connections can be a touch difficult, so if Du hadn't delivered, I would obviously be in the do-do.

I'm pleased to relate that Du did, so I'm out of the do-do - at least at the moment, so back in it like the pigs at the top! How does the song go? Do what you do do well ...

Back when I get another free moment. Oh - by the way, I'm taking off to the plains on the 6th August, so should change topics then!

1 comment:

  1. Do Do be Do.

    Love the pigs - belted Galloway look alikes!

    ReplyDelete